National Professional Qualification for Executive Leadership (NPQEL)
ALL NPQS ARE FULLY FUNDED BY THE DFE FOR AUTUMN 2021 and SPRING 2022 INTAKE!
NPQEL gives participants all of the essential knowledge, skills and concepts that underpin successful executive leadership. Participants will cover ‘learn that’ and ‘learn how to’ statements in ten areas:
- 1 – School Culture
- 2 – Teaching
- 3 – Curriculum and Assessment
- 4 – Behaviour
- 5 – Additional and Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
- 6 – Professional Development
- 7 – Organisational Management
- 8 – Implementation
- 9 – Working in Partnership
- 10 – Governance and Accountability
What are the benefits?
The fully blended learning approach combined with performance coaching and enrichment activities make this an exciting and valuable opportunity for current and aspiring executive leaders.
The NPQEL qualification is aligned to Masters credits and can act as a springboard on to Liverpool Hope University’s MA in Leading in Education or the MBA in Educational Leadership.
Benefits for Participants
- National and international networking
- Increased awareness and understanding of self and of the behaviours needed to lead across multiple organisations
- Opportunity to reflect on relevant research and pedagogy and leadership practice
- Access to high-quality feedback and ongoing interaction with qualified performance coaches
- Increased capability and capacity to take on a multi-school organisation - having the skills, knowledge and understanding to do the job more effectively
Benefits for schools
- Increased national networking and partnership opportunities
- Insight into the systems, sectors and sources of effective leadership practice
- A professionally aware and informed leader who can make evidence-based strategic decisions and approach new challenges in an effective and efficient manner
- The ability to review and evaluate practice in order to bring about change and get the best for young people and staff within the organisation