How to be an Outstanding Geography Subject Leader
This event will take place between 9:15am and 4:00pm on 04/11/2020.
This course will support the Subject leader in promoting the subject of Geography after the changes in the National Curriculum since 2014 and the Ofsted EIF of 2019
· You will gain an overview of the N.C. requirements in KS1 and KS2
· You will leave with lots of practical ideas, resources and materials to support and share with your colleagues
· Generic suggestions to explore local to global geography, with practical suggestions for developing map and fieldwork skills
· Information on the latest Ofsted approach to deep dives and the EIF 2019 to prepare you for a possible inspection.
· Methods of reviewing the state of Geography in your school (e.g. making an audit, setting up an effective file and how to create an evidence trail)
· How to ensure coverage and enhance planning/delivery of the statutory National Curriculum
· Progression of knowledge and skills with a meaningful, manageable approach to assessment in Geography
· Ideas on meeting the current Ofsted focus on deep knowledge and the development of skills and conceptual understanding. Also ways to develop extended writing and cross-curricular Maths through subjects such as Geography
This training will be delivered remotely but there will be still lots of ideas shared for developing fieldwork.
Facilitator: Chris Trevor , Primary Education Consultant and Member on the National Primary Geographical and Historical Associations