Introduction to Speech and Language Therapy: An Overview of Typical Development, Difficulties and Impact on Curriculum
This event will take place between 1:30pm and 4:00pm on 06/12/2018.
Language skills are essential for children to be able to access the national curriculum and adaptions and support should be offered where possible to ensure every child is being given the same opportunities to learn and develop as others.
This fast-paced workshop provides an overview of speech, language and communication difficulties that are happening right now in your classrooms and show how small differences can make a big impact to your pupil’s experience.
- The role of the Speech and Language Therapist
- The typical development of speech, language and communication skills
- Receptive and expressive language difficulties and impact on learning
- Speech sound difficulties and impact on learning
- Social communication difficulties and impact on learning and development
- Strategies to support children with speech, language and communication difficulties
Venue: Kelsall Primary School, CW6 0PU